Coming in our July 21 2012 TSS event we are introducing a new format to our annual Strictly Lindy competition.
We introduce to you the first ever Strictly Lindy “Royal Rumble” Competition
Rules, Format, And Things To Know
- Takes place at second band break (10:45pm-ish)
- $10 entry fee per couple (separate from event entry fee)
- All couples will be on the floor at one time and start dancing. Judges will “tap in” couples they want to see in the finals (between 4 and 6 couples).
- Once “tapped in”, couple moving on to finals may step to the side of the floor
- Couples not in the finals yet will keep dancing until all finalists are chosen.
- Songs will be played for roughly a minute to two minutes, before the next song (and slightly increased tempo) will be played
- Jam style format
- Each couple will get sixteen eight’s first time and eight eight’s second time, followed by all skate with any remaining music
- Judges will pick first, second, and third place via relative placement
- Judges Criteria: Technique, Timing, Teamwork, and Showmanship
- Prizes: We will have close to $800+ in prizes total for 1st, 2nd, and 3rd place!
Free pair dance shoes from Dancestore.com ($70 value)
Camp Hollywood shoe bags ($10 value)
Instructional DVDs from Doug Silton ($40 value)
Silver second place trophies! (unimaginable value!)
So are you reeeeeeaady? Come out and join us as a spectator or contestant for the spectacle that will be the Strictly Lindy “Royal Rumble” Competition