Code Of Conduct
Third Saturday Swing Code Of Conduct
We here at Third Saturday Swing are proud to be part of the worldwide swing dancing community. We want our attendees to have a fun, safe, and welcoming experience here at our dance. We are dedicated to making sure our guests feel safe and accepted, no matter their gender, age, sexual orientation, disability, size, appearance, race or religion.
We ask all attendees, staff, and volunteers at Third Saturday Swing to comply with the following code of conduct. The TSS Staff will enforce this code throughout the event. We are expecting cooperation from all participants to help ensure a safe environment for everybody.
Options For Help
If for any reason you feel uncomfortable while at Third Saturday Swing, we would like to help. While attending our dance, feel free to seek out one of our staff members (Ben, Sheri, Tao, Sam) to speak with. Or you can simply go speak with the DJ or the front desk person and let them know you are looking for a staff member to speak with and they will send someone to find one of us for you.
Third Saturday Swing Staff: Ben, Sheri, Tao, Sam
If you prefer to contact Third Saturday Swing via email or phone, you can contact us below:
Ben Yau, Owner
Sheri Yau, Owner
If you prefer to stay anonymous, please consider writing your feedback on a paper and dropping it into our Suggestion Box by the front desk.
When you contact a staff member, we will engage you in, as much as possible, a confidential and discrete conversation. You will be asked how you would like the situation to be handled. And finally, action will be taken at the discretion of the staff and owners.
Code Of Conduct In Detail
- Be polite and friendly while socializing and social dancing.
- If you are a parent of minors, be sure to chaperone your children appropriately.
- No forms of harassment will be tolerated, which can include offensive verbal comments, sexual images in public spaces, deliberate intimidation, stalking, following, harassing photography or recording, disruptive behavior, inappropriate physical contact, and unwelcome sexual attention.
- Participants asked to stop any harassing behavior are expected to comply immediately.
- If a participant engages in harassing behavior, the event staff may take any action they deem appropriate, including warning the offender or being asked to leave, without refund.
- If you are being harassed, notice that someone else is being harassed, or have any other concerns, please contact a staff member immediately using one of the methods above.
- Staff will be happy to help participants whether it is taking action on those engaging in harassing behavior, to contacting local law enforcement, providing escorts, or otherwise assist those experiencing harassment to feel safe for the duration of the event. We value your attendance and your safety.
- If you feel unsafe or if something just doesn’t look right or feel right and you sense someone may be in danger, please contact a member of our staff
- Intoxicated persons are not allowed in Third Saturday Swing.
- If you are under 21, do not drink alcohol, it is illegal.
- If you see someone supplying minors with alcohol, please alert the American Legion bartenders, the American Legion staff, and/or a TSS staff member. This is illegal and the proper authorities will be alerted.
- Demanding that a person dances with you is not acceptable. Always ask, understanding that it is their right to say, “Yes,” or “No thank you.”
- Don’t feel obligated to dance with anyone who makes you uncomfortable. It’s your body and you have a right to choose who touches it.
- We expect all participants to follow these rules at our dance venue.
- Please do not offer unsolicited advice to fellow dancers on the social dance floor.
- Please use your full range of senses on the dance floor to avoid accidental collisions and injuries. DO NOT DANCE RECKLESSLY. It is every dancer’s responsibility to be aware of their own and their partner’s movement and position, as well as the movement and position of the dancers surrounding them, in order to avoid all forms of dangerous contact.
- If inadvertent contact is made on the dance floor with surrounding dancers, please apologize immediately (even if you believe you are not at fault). We want to keep the goodwill going!
- Don’t forget to practice good hygiene. This is a “contact sport”. So let’s be presentable. For example, groom yourself appropriately prior to the dance, bring extra shirts, towel off when needed, wash hands when needed, etc. In other words, let’s be presentable as a way to be respectful for your prospective dance partners.
Remember To Always Feel Free To Contact Someone If You Need Help!!
AND BE SAFE!
Lastly, please remember that our staff and volunteers dedicate our time to Third Saturday Swing because we are passionate about swing dancing and the swing dance community. We ask that we all look out for each other and be kind and respectful to one another so we may continue to spread the goodwill and positive spirit that is swing dancing!